Monday, January 19, 2015

Poverty (WeiNing)

18.01.2015

         This post is about my thoughts on the cid lesson about poverty. We were showed two different images: the first image is about a male beggar with a cardboard stating that he is very poor and has no money. His valuables had been stolen and needed money to phone a call. The other image is about a lady carrying a young child, begging for money from a male passerby. The question given to us is who would we give a sole dollar we own to. Even after knowing the two's background, I still chose to give neither of them. I chose not to give. Who knows what might happen after you give this dollar? And, would this dollar really make a significant difference? I may seem inhumane but I would rather not give than to give one of them. The only time I would give them a dollar is when i have two try and when I can hand them one dollar each. Whenever i face such people, I always try to avoid them. to be very honest, it has never crossed my mind that I should give them money. Rather than money, I would rather choose to give necessities like food, clothes or anything else but money. 
This is my honest opinion and view regarding the beggars and their background. However, even though I choose not to give either of them, I realised that what we might see may not be the truth. The image is just the surface, but most importantly we need to look beneath the surface. Do not conclude what you may see for the first time, learn more and find out more before getting to to conclusion.

fatning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment